Monday, November 7, 2011

Frigthful's Mounatin: Week One

Well, it's time for a new book, friends. The book I chose for the month of November is Frightful's Mountain.
(image from Better World Books)   
 The reason I chose this book is because a) my mother told me to read it and b) I've already read "My Side of the Mountain," this book being the second prequel to it. What I have read so far I'm liking. In the beginning, Frightful had been taken away by these illegal bird salesman and was nearly dead, until her original trainer's (Sam, of course) sister came and...well, Sam's sister didn't really do anything except release her. And Frightful was hungry, so she was practically neglected a second time. Until she met a worn-out dog named Mole, who helped her scare up game for dinner. Then, she met Chup, a male peregrine falcon, called a tiercel, who led her to his aerie after his last mate didn't return from a hunting trip. But, after being with Sam for so long, she has forgotten all peregrine instinct, and her surroundings must teach her. Finally, she learns how to care for the young when winter hits and again, she is ill-equipped. After many days without food, our heroine decides to seek out new life from atop a electric transformer. Bad idea. She nearly dies, forcing a falconer living nearby to tour a bunch of schools telling children about the dangers of electricity wires and how it affects endangered species. More of that will come later in the book, when I'm able to post again. See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment